St. Petersburg Foundation for SME Development is a not-for-profit, non-governmental business support institution as well as independent professional business consultancy established in 1995 with the assistance of the Government of St. Petersburg.
Since 1995, acting behalf our international and national clients and partners, we had successfully implemented more than 500 projects. Mission of the Foundation is an initiation and implementation of significant initiatives and projects contributing to the economic growth and prosperity of St. Petersburg as well as the North-West Federal District of the Russian Federation.
Participation in the INBETS project provides for St. Petersburg Foundation for SME Development opportunities for mutually beneficial communication and international experience exchange due to the fact that goals of the project correspond to the mission of the Foundation, as well as to the strategic, social and economic development of St. Petersburg.
During the implementation of the INBETS project Foundation conducted analysis of the issues in business transfer sphere in Russia and St. Petersburg, what organizations/ institutions that can help SMEs with mentoring or training (business and professional associations) and expanding business contacts network, which business transfer models are more popular in country and what legislative, administrative and psychological barriers face entrepreneurs during business transfers, etc.
By now Foundation developed the guide for Russian SMEs which includes statistics data, information about business transfer models, financing models, ways of SMEs evaluation, business transfer success stories and contact information of business support organizations in St. Petersburg and abroad which assist companies in business transfers sphere. Foundation has also presented main results of the INBETS project during the key events in St. Petersburg.
St. Petersburg Foundation for Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Development (St. Petersburg Foundation for SME Development)
Address: 14, Izmaylovsky pr., 190005 St. Petersburg, Russia
Tel.: +7 812 575 04 80, 325 83 51, 712 67 80
Fax.: +7 812 712 66 07
- Antifragile Zoom – Attended by More Than 70 Participants9. October 2020Photos from the Online Event Success Story Antifragile zoom was attended by more than 70 participants On May 28, online event «Corporate and business projects in the crisis: cannot wait / act?!» was organized on the ZOOM platform. The event was attended by more than 70 participants who discussed financial risk management tools, the impact of the crisis on productive projects and opportunities for projects to integrate into new realities and use the possibilities for the economy transformation. Mr Maxim Balanev – Executive director and head of INBETS project at St. Petersburg Foundation for SME Development drew attention to the problems related to crisis management in Russian companies. He emphasized that development of corporate governance and the willingness of the owners to delegate control over the main processes in the company are key factors influencing the maintenance of stability in business for a long time. The event was held with support of St. Petersburg Regional office of the All-Russian Public Organization “Business Russia”, International Management Institute of Saint Petersburg (IMISP), St. Petersburg Foundation for SME Development and INBETS BSR project (the project is funded by the Interreg Baltic Sea Region as part of European Regional Development Fund with the financial support of the Russian Federation)….
- Online Conference “Do You Have a Plan “B” for Your Business?”9. October 2020Photos from the Online Conference Success Story Online conference “Do you have a plan “B” for your business?” was organized in St. Petersburg On April 29, 2020, an online conference “Do you have a plan “B” for your business? Keeping and development of the company for generations” was held. Heads of SMEs in St. Petersburg, experts in inheritance and corporate planning and representatives of business support organizations participated in the event. Mrs Marina Klementeva – Junior expert of St. Petersburg Foundation for SME development presented the INBETS BSR project and its key objectives and results. Then Mr Viktor Vyatkin and Mrs Elena Vasilievna Antonova discussed the key features of inheritance planning and preparing a business for transfer process. Mr Vitaly Korolev – President of the North-West Center for Corporate Governance and Mr Pavel Shilo – Partner of the North-West Center for Corporate Governance discussed main features of building a corporate governance system process within the company. Mrs Tatiana Guseva – Founder of the “Mature Business. Reboot” project said about importance of preparing for the process of transferring business and changing the role of a leader. Mr Maxim Balanev – Executive director and head of INBETS project at St. Petersburg Foundation for SME Development was moderator of the event….
- Webinar “Covid-19: How to Save Your Business? Legal Advice”9. October 2020Photos from the Webinar Success Story Webinar “Covid-19: how to save your business? Legal advice” was held in St. Petersburg with INBETS BSR project support Due to the COVID-19 pandemic all the events and meetings went online. On April 16, St. Petersburg Regional office of the All-Russian Public Organization “Business Russia” organized webinar on legal clarification of support measures and specifics of the operational activities of enterprises during the coronavirus pandemic. Representatives of 11 regional branches of “Business Russia” in the Northwestern Federal District, regional business media and small and medium-sized enterprises participated in the event. Mr. Maxim Balanev – Executive director and head of INBETS project at St. Petersburg Foundation for SME Development made a presentation at the event on the topic «PLAN «B»: You are in the hospital, what will happen to your business?» and invited representatives of SMEs to the free consultations on business transfer issues in the framework of INBETS BSR project….
- INBETS BSR project presented at St. Petersburg International Forum9. October 2020Photos from the Forum Success Story INBETS BSR project was presented at St. Petersburg International Innovation Forum (SPIIF) On November 14, 2019 Foundation participated in the Conference on issues of National projects implementations in the framework of St. Petersburg International Innovation Forum. During the event Mr. Maxim Balanev – Executive director and head of INBETS project at St. Petersburg Foundation for SME Development made a presentation about the INETS BSR project and results of its implementation in Russia and countries of Baltic Sea region at the Conference on the issues of National projects implementations. Organizers of the Conference: St. Petersburg Regional office of the All-Russian Public Organization “Business Russia” and “My business” service center. The participation in a Panel discussion allowed to raise awareness about the business transfer issues in St. Petersburg among representatives of such organizations as St. Petersburg Committee for Industrial Policy, Innovations and Trade, Public Council for the Development of Small Business under the Governor of St. Petersburg, Small and Middle-scale Business Crediting Assistance Fund, MFI and All-Russian Public Organization “Business Russia”….
- Innovative models of business transfer – Expert Panel9. October 2020Photos from the Expert Panel Success Story Foundation held an expert panel “Innovative models of business transfer: challenges and opportunities” in the framework of “Strategic Planning Leaders Forum” On October 29, 2019 representatives of the Foundation organized the Expert panel «Innovative Business Transfer Models: challenges and opportunities» during the XVIII Annual Strategic planning leaders forum of the regions and cities of Russia. Participation in the Expert panel allowed analyzing opportunities and challenges for cooperation between regions, countries and cities and discussing different ways and strategies for developing new cooperation instruments in order to strengthen institutional capacity in the business transfer support field. More than 50 participants from different countries took part in the event. The following experts took part in the discussion:• Max Hogeforster – President – Hanseatic Parliament – Baltic Sea Academy• Anita Richert-Kaźmierska – Assistant Professor – Gdansk University of Technology• Vytas Navickas – Professor – Vytautas Magnus University• Lebedeva Marina – Head – Centre for Innovations in Social Sphere• Ruzhinsky Alexander – Founder – Startup Junior School of Entrepreneurship and soft skills;• Shchelkanov Aleksandr – Development Director – St. Petersburg Regional office of the All-Russian Public Organization “Business Russia”• Starkovsky Daniil – Director – State Budget Institution “Saint Petersburg House of Youth” Mr. Maxim Balanev – Executive director and head of INBETS project at St. Petersburg Foundation for SME Development was moderator of the event….
- Realization of National projects in St. Petersburg – Meeting8. October 2020Photos from the Meeting Realization of National projects in St. Petersburg was discussed in St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry with INBETS BSR project support Success StoryOn October 15, the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry hosted a meeting dedicated to the implementation of national projects in St. Petersburg. The event was held with the support of the St. Petersburg Committee for Industrial Policy, Innovations and Trade and St. Petersburg Foundation for SME development.During the meeting Mr. Maxim Balanev – Executive director and head of the INBETS project at St. Petersburg Foundation for SME Development presented key objectives and main results of the INBETS project. The participation in the Meeting allowed discussing possible ways of cooperation with representatives of regional authorities, business and entrepreneurial associations, business support organizations and business representatives.Representatives of the following organizations participated in the Panel Discussion as key experts: • St. Petersburg Committee for Industrial Policy, Innovations and Trade; • St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry; • Unified Entrepreneurship Center; • All-Russian Public Organization of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises OPORA ROSSIA St. Petersburg branch; • The Union of organizations of business angels (SOBA); • St. Petersburg Regional office of the All-Russian Public Organization “Business Russia”; • Small and Middle-scale Business Crediting Assistance Fund, MFI; • Association “St. Petersburg Business women” (Delovaya Peterburghenka); • Union of Small Enterprises of St. Petersburg; • The Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of St. Petersburg….